Sunday, February 21, 2010

Whatever you like, I do for you.

Okay first of all, if you have not seen this youtube video- it is hilarious. And if you have seen it, I know you've already started watching it again.


So about a week and a half ago I was in Seattle for Richelle's wedding. My Aunt Debbie and cousin Shauna decided to go get manicures after a long day of wedding preparation. I ordered a french manicure and after watching my manicurist I just knew that I wanted to learn how to do an awesome french tip. I have tried before millions of times but they never look right. I figured out that the secret is painting the tips and then using a nail brush with acetone to shape the "smile line" ( I did some research).














































So anyways, after figuring out that I could manage a pretty decent french tip, I decided that I needed a challenge. That is when I drove over to Sally's and spent way too much on powders, tips, bonders, brushes, files, buffers and polishes. Everything I would need to do acrylic nails.
I was so excited that I called some of my girl friends and asked them to come over asap. My friend Aubrey was my first victim and believe me I was more nervous than she was. I know what you're thinking "you're asian, doing nails is in your blood" or "for you, doing nails should come as naturally as breathing". Well I can assure you that is not the case.

I definitely watched my fair share of youtube videos on doing acrylics but I was still pretty surprised how well Aubrey's nails turned out!














































From start to finish it took me almost two hours. By the end my wrist hurt and I was getting a little light headed. They aren't perfect but hey, it WAS my first time.

4 comments:

  1. You are so amazing! You can do hair, make - up, nails and everything! You are so hired for my wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to try doing my own nails now! ... check out my blog at collyle.blogspot.com

    Today was fun cooking our sasuage :)

    ReplyDelete